Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

430se sync problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows CE Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mebeck
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2000 7:18 am    Post subject: 430se sync problems Reply with quote

I have been using active sync 3.0 for a few months with no problems until a few weeks ago when my computer started locking up when trying to sync. I have tried re-installing activesync, doing soft and hard resets, and sent my 430se to HP to be serviced. They found nothing wrong with my cable or my PPC. This is extremely frustrating and i feel like the proud owner of a $450 calculator, any help would be greatly appreiciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisDeHerrera
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2000 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Which computer is locking up - the desktop or the Jornada? Some applications can cause the systems to have more frequent lockups. Also limited ram for running applications will lock the system up when you synchronize.

quote:
Originally posted by mebeck:
I have been using active sync 3.0 for a few months with no problems until a few weeks ago when my computer started locking up when trying to sync. I have tried re-installing activesync, doing soft and hard resets, and sent my 430se to HP to be serviced. They found nothing wrong with my cable or my PPC. This is extremely frustrating and i feel like the proud owner of a $450 calculator, any help would be greatly appreiciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Chris De Herrera
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE
http://www.cewindows.net - The most complete set of FAQs on Windows CE
mebeck
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisDeHerrera:
Hi,
Which computer is locking up - the desktop or the Jornada? Some applications can cause the systems to have more frequent lockups. Also limited ram for running applications will lock the system up when you synchronize.

ok, here's what happens, I click on active sync and the active sync icon appears in the taskbar and begins to spin for a few seconds then stops and my desktop locks up. after a while i hear the jornada make the sound for disconnect. then, i hear the sound for connect and another icon appears next to the first one and so on and so on. the only way to stop this is to use ctrl-alt-del until all the icons dissapear. the thing that gets me is that it worked fine for so long and i have not installed any software recently. i have tried closing all programs and the same thing will happen.
ChrisDeHerrera
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2000 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Are you low on disk space or ram on the desktop? Do you have more than 2 serial ports? These can cause conflicts with the desktop causing problems similar to what you are experiencing.

quote:
ok, here's what happens, I click on active sync and the active sync icon appears in the taskbar and begins to spin for a few seconds then stops and my desktop locks up. after a while i hear the jornada make the sound for disconnect. then, i hear the sound for connect and another icon appears next to the first one and so on and so on. the only way to stop this is to use ctrl-alt-del until all the icons dissapear. the thing that gets me is that it worked fine for so long and i have not installed any software recently. i have tried closing all programs and the same thing will happen.

------------------
Chris De Herrera
mebeck
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2000 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only have 2 serial ports and should have plenty of RAM . I have 4GB of hard disk space left
ChrisDeHerrera
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2000 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Please re-confirm the problem and send me the wce*.log files via e-mail to Chris@cewindows.net. These will help resolve the problem.

quote:
i only have 2 serial ports and should have plenty of RAM . I have 4GB of hard disk space left

------------------
Chris De Herrera
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows CE Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: