Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

change default font

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows CE Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnguyen
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2000 3:19 pm    Post subject: change default font Reply with quote

I have an Aero 2100 and I would like to use a different font (other than Courie and Tahoma), would someone please help or any suggestions? Thanks.
PS: I did copy Helios font to the Windows directory, but it does not show up in the Format option!
ChrisDeHerrera
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2000 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Is Helios a truetype font? What application are you trying to select it in? Did you try a soft reset?

quote:
Originally posted by tnguyen:
I have an Aero 2100 and I would like to use a different font (other than Courie and Tahoma), would someone please help or any suggestions? Thanks.
PS: I did copy Helios font to the Windows directory, but it does not show up in the Format option!

------------------
Chris De Herrera
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE
http://www.cewindows.net - The most complete set of FAQs on Windows CE
tnguyen
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2000 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Chris,
Helios is a true type font. The application I am trying to select is a blank Note. Yes, I did try a soft reset... and it works! Thank you.
Now,
1. How do I set Helios (instead of Tahoma) as the default font for my palmtop?
2. When I open the memo field on my address, the default Zoom option is set to 200%. How do I change this default setting to 100% whenever I open a memo from any address?
ChrisDeHerrera
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2000 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Both of these are not supported by the Palm-size PC. You can do it if you change the registry and reset your device. I have not had time to figure out all the settings in the registry.

quote:
Originally posted by tnguyen:
Good morning Chris,
Helios is a true type font. The application I am trying to select is a blank Note. Yes, I did try a soft reset... and it works! Thank you.
Now,
1. How do I set Helios (instead of Tahoma) as the default font for my palmtop?
2. When I open the memo field on my address, the default Zoom option is set to 200%. How do I change this default setting to 100% whenever I open a memo from any address?

------------------
Chris De Herrera
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE
http://www.cewindows.net - The most complete set of FAQs on Windows CE
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows CE Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: