Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

email

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows CE Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoSinclair
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2000 7:17 am    Post subject: email Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to get an ISP onto windows ce 2.1 - and how that email can operate if not in the home country (even with charges) I have an LG Phenom

------------------
Jo Sinclair
ChrisDeHerrera
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2000 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
You configure an ISP in a similar fashion to the desktop. You can read e-mail via another ISP in another country without a problem. To send e-mail you need to know the ISPs SMTP server for the new country you are visiting.

quote:
Originally posted by JoSinclair:
Does anyone know how to get an ISP onto windows ce 2.1 - and how that email can operate if not in the home country (even with charges) I have an LG Phenom

------------------
Chris De Herrera
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE
http://www.cewindows.net - The most complete set of FAQs on Windows CE
JoSinclair
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2000 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that: it is what I thought but... apparently it is not so easy. My local ISP does not seem to be compatable (although is this different for Professional or versions higher than 2 (e.g.2.11)? Certainly, with v.2 it was not possible. If I can use my existing ISP, I would simply add the international code- in which case easy peasy -I would welcome your comments

JoSinclair
ChrisDeHerrera
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2000 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Have you tried http://www.mailstart.com ? It offers a web interface to standard smtp/pop3 e-mail.

quote:
Originally posted by JoSinclair:
Thanks for that: it is what I thought but... apparently it is not so easy. My local ISP does not seem to be compatable (although is this different for Professional or versions higher than 2 (e.g.2.11)? Certainly, with v.2 it was not possible. If I can use my existing ISP, I would simply add the international code- in which case easy peasy -I would welcome your comments

JoSinclair

------------------
Chris De Herrera
Microsoft MVP - Windows CE
http://www.cewindows.net - The most complete set of FAQs on Windows CE
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows CE Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: