Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Win CE v6 questions, Sylvania Netbook SYNET07526

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows CE Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TLGalenson
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Win CE v6 questions, Sylvania Netbook SYNET07526 Reply with quote

The $99 7" Sylvania netbook is running Win CE 6 on an Arm cpu Via 8505. It has 250MB volatile ram (as far as I can tell), a 2GB flash chip for permanent storage for the os, applications and other end-user files. It has an SD chip slot for additional non-volatile storage.

In terms of a general form factor its a little squarer than the HP Pocket PC I had nearly a decade ago.

This one has 3 USB ports, an RJ-47 lan port and mic in / earphone out jacks.

It supports Wifi 11b/g and has IE6, Wordpad, files viewers, 2 video players (win media and core), Recorder, calculator, Youtube (mobile), Imageviewer, and Live Messenger (assumed is mobile).

The cpu normally displays about 51MB of free memory.

It does not have a JVM (I'm pretty sure) or CE .net installed (certain).

The Arm Via 8505 (WMT, ARM-WM8505) provides a modest to sometimes slow performance but local and wifi connection are pretty brisk.

So while this is not called a "Pocket PC" it sure is showing off everything but cellphone facilities. The closest it comes to that is you can use the Live Messenger to make "phone calls" to other Live Messenger users.

I can't find it now but a review of the cpu called it a one chip solution for cellphones/internet appliances.

Is this a reasonable place to hang out and ask Win CE 6 professional questions?

Tom
CE Geek
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another place I'd recommend is linked below.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows CE Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: