Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vista support for EM-500 !

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhillman
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Vista support for EM-500 ! Reply with quote

Last week two amazing things happened to my EM-500.

1. I'm running Vista, and there is next to no support for the EM-500 under Sync Center. My EM-500 is just another piece of junk technology. Unfortunate, but then I lost my OziExplorer application installed on the EM-500, and there's no way of reinstalling it. Just for fun I did a Windows Update, and some new Casio USB 2002 software was downloaded and VOILA - it's now just like it used to be under XP. I can reinstall my applications !!

2. I have never even bothered trying more than a 64Mb SD card in the EM-500 as ALL the documentation says it's limited to 64Mb. Ignore it. I put a 512Mb card in, and it seems to work.

My paperweight is now a useful device again. Thank you to someone at Casio for providing Vista support for the EM-500 (a damn fine machine!)
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's rather sweet. Next thing you'll be telling us you tried an SD 802.11b card and it worked. kidding. I doubt there would be drivers to install on an old MIPS machine. I never had an EM-500, but surely do still miss my Casios. Both the E-115 and E-800 were a joy to use compared to anything I've had since, though the Toshiba e830 comes fairly close... if only it had decent buttons. In terms of specifications and speed, of course the old Casio stuff came up a bit short, but I'd still be using my 'industrial' model if it hadn't broken in so many ways. Casio, why oh why have you abandoned us... I can only imagine what a Casio Pocket PC phone would be like.

By the way, if you should come up with a battery supplier for your EM, be sure to mention it in forums, as that is a question coming up once in a while among keepers of these machines. There used to be a good supplier but it's been years since they vanished.
mhillman
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My battery is still going strong after 8 years. It's been on the cradle, charging, for 8 years. Perhaps that's the answer to longevity.

I've never heard of an 802.11b SD card. Might be worth a try (kidding)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: