Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-105 is dead ?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angel
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: E-105 is dead ? Reply with quote

I didn't use my e-105 for a long time, left the batteries in.
I tried to charge it (Green led is on) but no respons.
soft/hard reset don't work, is it broken ?
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If by "a long time" you mean more than a couple of years, then my first guess would be that the lithium Ion battery is totally dead. Li-Ion batteries only have a 2 to 3 year sable lifespan, whether they're used or not. There are sometimes anomalous cases where a battery will work longer, but usually not. Since the device will not work on external power without a working battery installed, it seems your only option is to fin a new battery. There used to be a store called casiobattery.com - might still be there, or perhaps some other supplier, like LionBattery.com...
angel
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

I has been more than 1.5 year, so i think you're right.
I didn't know that he won't work without a working battery.
HarveyB
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reinvigorating E-105 battery Reply with quote

I also left my E-105 unused for over a year and it wouldn't start. I brought the battery back to life enough to use the device by replacing the CR-2032 battery and tricking the device into trying to charge the exhausted main battery.

I tried the trick (below) mainly to see if the device worked before replacing the main battery. If it had just confirmed the E-105 worked (without also charging the main battery as it did) I next planned to test the charger was working. I never got to that second step because my E-105 is happy as a clam now.

If you are considering trying this yourself, note that this involves working with electricity, so be safe. In particular, I don’t recommend trying this with regular non-rechargeable batteries because the Casio charger will be placing a charge load on them. All that said, the trick is make a set of 3 AA rechargable batteries in series. Place the set (which should produce about 3.6V) in parallel with the main battery for 3 minutes while the external power adaptor is attached. To do this, I ran a short lead from the + and – battery terminals to a jig holding 3 AA rechargeable batteries. I think it worked because the AA rechargeable batteries ran a load across the main batteries without regard for their status, or because the rechargeable batteries made the E-105’s charging system believe the battery was good, or both.

If you’re really feeling more adventurous, you could also consider replacing the E-105 battery back with 3 current technology rechargeable AAA cells. I think they’d fit, but I don’t know what to do about the temperature connector of the OEM battery pack.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: