Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SX45 overclock?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SX45 owner
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: SX45 overclock? Reply with quote

Hi there. Does anynone here know how to overclock a Siemens SX45 or SX45i Pocket PC Phone Edition? I've overclocked my Cassiopeia's in the past. But I've opened up my SX-45 and the internals are completely different than the ones used in the Casio Cassiopeia's E-115 and E-125. I assume that I am writing all this without getting any results, since like everybody has abandonned the Cassiopeia's and SX45(i)'s by now. Including Casio and Siemens themselves. And apart from that sad facts and stories, there are/were already relatively just a few people who use(d) the Siemens SX45(i) in the first place. Or is there perhaps somebody who belongs to that small group of users and knows how to overclock this device? If not, maybe somebody with enough computer hardware knowledge would like to contributing to my experiementing with it? for example by taking a serious look at some pictures of the internals, that I can email and/or place here? For the ones that don't know: the SX-45(i) was based on the Casio Cassiopeia E-125. The E-125 can be overclocked from 150MHz to 180MHz (still stable) and 206 MHz (unstable) by using the well known pencil tricks. Basically this is connecting some points on the motherboard with each others with a (soft) pencil. It seems to me, that the same trick might be possible, to overclock the SX45(i). But as I mentioned, the internals are completely different. So my main question here is "just": what connections should I make with the pencils? Oh, and for the people that would advice me to just buy a more modern Pocket PC Phone Edition and forget this SX45 of mine: this is not what I want, since I already have an up-to-date Pocket PC Phone Edition. A Qtec 9090, see. It's more that I would like to experiment with it. Trying to push the SX45 to the limit. Even if it might damage the device.
pcat
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: sx45 update Reply with quote

did you have any joy with the overclocking?
i am also looking for unlocking software if you know of any
would appreciate any lead thanks
p
peteb
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: overclocking Reply with quote

just a thought, if the resistors that are "penciled" in on the E-125 board are off a certain pin on the CPU of the E-125, as the Sx45 runs the same processor and speed, there should be in my theory the same resistors albeit in a slightly different place as earlier in the thread a open heart surgery case on a sx45 has shown that the circuit board is not the same and therfor they will be located elsewhere. i have pics of adriansrojakpot website showing the information of what resistors and the lack of them where the pencil lead goes, but without detailled PCB diagrams i am at a loss.
But up for one hell of a challenge
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: