Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

e-100 Image viewer and mp3/wav files

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dcj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: e-100 Image viewer and mp3/wav files Reply with quote

This is the first site I've found that has posts on the e-100 more resent the 2002. I'm looking to use my e-100 as a photo viewer and posible a mps player .. I have ce 2.11 I'm a little scared to upgrade to 3.0.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The E-100 cannot be upgraded to CE3.0. The ROM is not flashable.

For photo viewer and MP3 software, I'd suggest you search this site:

http://home.comcast.net/~kr4495/casio/cassiopeia.html

Lots of links there for older Casio software.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info . Once I set it up I'll let you know how well it worked

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck w/downloads when I installed them on e100 the wouldn't start up
the keep saying it could not find diff .exe files . Does anyone know of a place I can get the multimedia bundle cdrom from cassiopiea I checked there main site and it seems to have been discontinued
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Software downloaded from here - http://home.cearchives.com/software.html - is mostly ZIP archives with CAB files inside. Put the MIPS CAB file into the device and double-tap it to install. If you've no file explorer installed then use your PC to place the CABs into \Windows\Start Menu and double-tap there.

In general, software for older devices is becoming scarce. It'd be difficult, or sheer luck to find a software CD for that unit. Conduits has a few titles. Tascalsoft used to have a photo viewer for the older CE2.11 devicpers but he's stopped hosting it. Google and other search engines will be your best bet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I'll give it a shot . I've been a bit busy with the holidays. I think I need to find a multimedia pack cdrom .
afri

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one should play your mp3 and mpeg files .... even comes with built-in EQ.

http://www.projectmayo.com/projects/detail.php?projectId=9

For viewing images Casio provides this:

http://www.cewindows.net/casio/e10x/imageviewer.zip

I don't know if there is some better free software available, but i didn't find anything satisfiing. Rolling Eyes

Very Happy
Twilliger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: e-100 Image viewer and mp3/wav files Reply with quote

Dcj wrote:
This is the first site I've found that has posts on the e-100 more resent the 2002. I'm looking to use my e-100 as a photo viewer and posible a mps player .. I have ce 2.11 I'm a little scared to upgrade to 3.0.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same set up as you. I use Image Viewer which I downloaded from this site. Works with smaller files 100 kb, but I get an annoying large file error with bigger files - any ideas out there re: this error.

I have also had good luck with video converter and mobile video player that I downloaded from this site as well.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: