Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is an upgrade possible on the E-125?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandy28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Is an upgrade possible on the E-125? Reply with quote

I have a Cassiopeia E-125 and was wondering if it's possible to upgrade th OS. I like the way it runs and don't really want to buy a new one. But most of the new software out there for Pocket PC won't run on the version i have.
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the Casio E-125 is not upgradeable, as the MIPS VR-4122 chip is not flashable the way most ARM chips are. Same applies to the SH3-based older HP Jornadas. These devices were not intended to be upgraded, unlike the original ARM-based iPAQ models. Even those don't upgrade far, as the 16MB ROM store is insufficient for later OS versions.

You can find quite a few softwares still which support the older Casio models. I still have a Casio EG-800 around, which my daughter uses, and it gets updates to a few programs now and then. Media applications such as Pocket Artist or GSPlayer, some games, the great reader µbook (just updated again this week for all processor types), even a lot of Today plugins (Dashboard always has a MIPS version with every release) are still supported. What applications do you need, or what types? Perhaps we can help with links if you name the functions you'd like.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: