Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Casio BE 300

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Todd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:36 am    Post subject: Casio BE 300 Reply with quote

I have a casio BE 300. I am trying to utilize Microsoft activesync, But can not make active sync recognize the device. It is connected through USB, But still does not recognize it. I cant get help from Microsoft or Casio, Do you know any ways to fix this problem
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are able to open Activesync Options, you might try looking at the connection port settings and change that around a bit. Sorry, I'm no expert... just a thought.

------------------
Gerard Ivan Samija
forum moderator
CEWindows.NET

contributing editor
pocketnow.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can remember, you can use Activesync on the BE-300 for installing programs and browsing the contents of the device (i.e. copying, moving), but not for synchronizing.
I used to go to www.ppx3k.com for help.
aries4139
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Casio BE 300 Reply with quote

Todd wrote:
I have a casio BE 300. I am trying to utilize Microsoft activesync, But can not make active sync recognize the device. It is connected through USB, But still does not recognize it. I cant get help from Microsoft or Casio, Do you know any ways to fix this problem

Greetings Todd; 11-10-2004

I too have a BE-300 Pocket Manager and feel pretty well screwed with it and Casio's Pontious Pilate attitude toward the end user (us). It appears to me that Casio bowed out of the market left all of us hanging in the breeze.

I wanted the (any) hand held to put my book collection software on it, in order to remind me to not purchase duplicate editions. The Casio is out and I'm dumping this like new unit for a NEW other model. Haven't made a selection as yet.

Any comments ??

Aries
bigsmiff
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Cassiopeia BE-300 Reply with quote

Is there any software I can use to enable me to use excel on my be-300? Is there ANY cool software out there for it? Thanks
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a version of SpreadCE for the BE-300.

http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/

As for the prior remark about ebooks on the BE... why not just rip ebooks to HTML format (sorry, if you are in the US it is illegal to talk about too directly, you know, freedom of speech and all that being sacred and all, so I cannot name the application nor give a link to it) from LIT and just ZIP them up and use MicroBook to read them? More popularly known as µBook Reader. Get the reader at gowerpoint.com - older versions are scattered around the web, and they were freeware. The new one's still a bargain for a great ebook client.
bigsmiff
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: You are awesome Gerard! Reply with quote

You are the fastest information expert on the net and I for one admire that. Thanks
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could accept that honour... but no, sorry, there are many faster and more knowledgable people. Menneissys lately, for one. The guy must be attached to his desk chair with cyanoacrylate adhesive, and have a bookmarks folder with thousands of links. My \Windows\Favorites folder has only about 700 URL files in it, and I probably access only 10% of them regularly. PPC stuff isn't all that hard. Wink
Kalroten
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ActiveSync works perfect on the BE-300 if you have disconnected the Casio PC-Connect software from the port. You go in to settings in PC-Connect and change the port setting. Now ActiveSync can use that port instead. I've done this a hundred times.

Mats
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: