Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free/cheap Siemens SX45 GPRS upgrade?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jappy Jay
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Free/cheap Siemens SX45 GPRS upgrade? Reply with quote

Hello. Does somebody know if there is a cheaper or even free way to upgrade a Siemens SX45 to a SX45i? Or to put it in other ways: does anybody know how to upgrade the SX45 so that you can use GPRS?

Siemens only flashes the ROM to do the job. But for such a simple action and only little software driver, they (dare to) ask an exessive 145 Euro which is about 150 American dollars!

Sorry Siemens, but I'm not that stupid. So could anybody do it for a more reasonable price/for free or show me the way?
ChrisDeHerrera
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Check out http://www.mortgageintroducer.com/news/newsarticles.asp?unqueid=7474 I believe the SX56 is also included. Please be aware that your warranty and support will disappear if you attempt this.

------------------
Chris De Herrera
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
http://www.cewindows.net - The most complete set of FAQs on Windows CE
http://www.tabletpctalk.com - The best source for Tablet PC News
peteb
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: upgrading sx45 to an sx45i Reply with quote

it should in theory be possible, i have both the sx45 and sx45i and i have been repairing the sx45i after the previous owner managed to wipe off some of the programs off the ROM, he managed to remove links and some programs, but using total commander i have repaired the apps, depends what pieces of the prog your after. let me know and i will send them over.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: