Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Word compatible for E-100

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvaccaro
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: Word compatible for E-100 Reply with quote

Hello there...
Is there any word compatible text editor for the Casio E-100??
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can find an older version of Tillanosoft's Notepad that will work for writing TXT files. I forget, wasn't there a text editor on the E-100? Some sort of notepad thing?

------------------
Gerard Ivan Samija
forum moderator
CEWindows.NET

contributing editor
pocketnow.com
jvaccaro
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nopes
but is there any text editor that could work on pocket word files?.... where could i find the installer for pocket office for win ce 2.1?
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no 'installer' for WinCE 2.11 (your device runs under the CE 2.11 version, I think). A hard reset restores the device to factory-specification, making it unnecessary to install the OS nor any component of it. It's hardwired, part of the chip, basically. The MIPS processor used in most Casios (the BE-300 being the one apparent exception) is not flashable, and so no installer was ever made for it.

For Pocket Word files, I think you'd have to find a way to get them converted on the PC into a format your Casio could read. Word on a PC should be able to do that, I think. I don't use Word on a PC, preferring TextMaker on my iPAQ. Good luck in your hunt, but it seems unlikely to find resolution. Very, very few developers bother supporting Palm-size PC devices any more. I find that even my old Casio EG-800, just three years on the market now, is almost completely passed over when new versions of most programs come out. Even Pocket Backup, a program for which I did extensive early beta testing, no longer comes in a MIPS version. Developers are sometimes fickle, and I'm bitter about it. I figure 5 years should be the minimum, unless a device is hardly used by anyone. There's still a ton of working Casios being used every day!

------------------
Gerard Ivan Samija
forum moderator
CEWindows.NET

contributing editor
pocketnow.com
Twilliger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Word compatible for E-100 Reply with quote

jvaccaro wrote:
Hello there...
Is there any word compatible text editor for the Casio E-100??

Note Taker is all use - it is bundle with the e100 - set the activesync rules to convert .doc to notetaker and back. I've never had a problem with this one.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: