Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Path and filename ERROR

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin Comas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: Path and filename ERROR Reply with quote

After I install some software on my Cassiopeia this error mesage appears:
"Can´t find ¨PicturePerfect¨(or one of its components). Make sure the path and the filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available."

How can I solve this problem?
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first sentence is rather unclear, as is the whole question really. Could you provide more information? Here's what I'd like to know:

You say 'after I install some software' - what software? Can you provide a name? Is this a different photograph viewer, besides PicturePerfect?

When you get the error, is it because you have tapped (or double-tapped, I forget how Palm-size PC works for certain) on an image file? Or is this when tapping the shortcut to launch PicturePerfect?

This situation sounds a bit like you have done the following, though of course I can not be certain:

~ Installed and ran PicturePerfect for some time.
~ Used the file association dialogue within PicturePerfect to associate certain image types with the program (though if I recalll correctly, PicturePerfect is an 'association thief' software, which pretends to offer this choice but actually grabs the registry keys even without user permission).
~ Uninstalled PicturePerfect.
~ Perhaps installed some other image viewer software, or perhaps not.
~ Tried to open images, and received the error you quote.

If this is approximately the case, then you will need to use some means of editing the device registry to modify file associations. Tillanosoft's Pocket Tweak may be available in a version for your device, but I am not sure of this. Another tool might be Resco Explorer. There are a number of direct and remote registry editors which might help, though with varying degrees of technical challenge involved.
Please help us to help you by offering further information.

------------------
Gerard Ivan Samija
forum moderator
CEWindows.NET

contributing editor
pocketnow.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: