Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HP iPAQ h1910

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Compaq iPAQ Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashishk2
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: HP iPAQ h1910 Reply with quote

Is there any where I can install any new OS into the Pocket PC ?

Where can i find the driver [HP iPAQ h1910] ?

I dont have Windows Media Player on, any other player for the Pocket PC ?

Its currently runs on the Original Windows 2002....

Your Help will Appreciated

Thank You Very Happy
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you will be able to install any other OS version to that device. The memory is quite small if I remember correctly. But it's a nice little PPC, very compact for its date and I think remained the smallest for a few years.

You could run CORE Media Player on it, or any number of other third-party media players, to play back audio and video. Vito, Conduits, lots of companies make media playback software. Just find something that suits you, whether freeware or shareware.

As for 'drivers' I'm not sure what you mean. The OS is flashed to the device ROM, and needs no additional drivers for basic functions. Any media player you install will come with drivers for various supported formats, with CORE offering the most comprehensive list of file types supported.
ChrisDeHerrera
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
HP has discontinued all updates for the H1910. So there are no official updates. HP was the only source of updates for this device that I know of.
http://www.tabletpctalk.com - Get the latest Tablet PC News
http://www.pocketpctalk.com - Get the latest Pocket PC News
http://www.mobilitytalk.com - Quickly view all the Pocket PC & Tablet PC News on one page
ashishk2
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: ThX Reply with quote

Hey Gerard,ChrisDeHerrera !!!!

Thank your your immediate reply !!
Old probs solved... Very Happy

Anyone how to install Windows media player Question

And good games for iPAQ 1910 PP
C 2002 Question
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In about 2001 there was a downloadable WMP beta available from Microsoft, but they pulled that after a year or two. I've not run across anyone sharing that file in many years, though so far as I know Microsoft never put restrictions on free distribution. It was a bit glitchy, but occasionally allowed Pocket IE plugin playback of WM video streams. It also handled a few of the basic media formats, though it didn't do anything like DivX. WMA, some forms of MP3, WMV, ASF, and that's about it.

For audio only, a very nice light player compatible with your device is GSPlayer:
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810/
Very smooth-playing and covers OGG, MP3, and a couple of other audio formats. Skinnable too.

My favourite all time game for the Pocket PC is Bonelyfish's 'DeepDownRace, a thoroughly fun thing where you use the cursorpad to dig down through various kinds of 'rock' and encounter various obstacles such as harder rock, running out of oxygen (there are little blue oxygen bubbles to pick up here and there), getting blown up by bombs, crushed by falling rocks, etc. Hilariously silly ... music soundtrack that changes with every level. I don't know if you could find that anywhere though. Have a look here for some games:
http://www.pocketpcfreeware.com/en/index.php?cat=25&sortby=
and the various other game categories.

Those provide a good start on some freeware anyway, though of course you'll have to find games which support a QVGA screen (320x240 pixels) not VGA or other, and also games which support the older processor types. Most newer games are not compatible with older devices due to changes in the generally used ARM processor flavours. There are quite a few other game sites. I'd suggest putting your device OS and 'game' and any other search terms you like into a google search and then switch to Google Image Search to get a lot of screenshot previews. That's a fast way to find games which appeal to you.
ashishk2
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You so much ! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Compaq iPAQ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: