Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Various issues

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commanderraf
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Various issues Reply with quote

Greetings once again!

I've been having two issues with my trusty Casio Cassiopeia E-125:

First, I got as a present a Acer Aspire One netbook as a gift. I loaded Office 2007 in it (a version called "Home and Student" that only has Excel, Word and PowerPoint) on it. I never tried sending documents from the netbook to the E-125 before, but this week I needed to transfer one text document I had been working on. Although I saved said document in the "Word 97-2003" format, when I tried to send the document through ActiveSync (as usual), it crashed the netbook's whole explorer.exe because it couldn't find the "Word Document to Pocket Word Document" converter. This strikes me as something very weird, since on an HP laptop with Windows Vista and Office 2007 I had sent other document to my PDA with no problem at all. I know that it's Microsoft policy to remove all kind of support to devices older than 3 years (I'm being sarcastic, the policy is actually 3.5 years), but is there a way to install the converter from the older Office suits? (I've got 95, 97 and 2003 discs at the ready, so that wouldn't be a problem).

Second. I finally got hold of an original Casio Cassiopeia USB cradle (one for an EM-500). I opened the base -since the plastic container of the cradle is narrower than the E-125 one- and connected my E-125 to my netbook through it. The problem is that I got the same message I obtained before when using unofficial sync cables and other computers, one that states that Windows couldn't recognize the USB device connected. I thought that this message appeared because those cables were faulty, but now it seems that the problem is on my PDA. Anyone knows how to solve it?

Whew... that was a mouthful, but I needed to ask those questions. Thanks in advance for any kind of answer.

-Commanderraf
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: