Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

default password?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Compaq iPAQ Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uchi_mata
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: default password? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have to restore an old ipaq which appeared somewhere Wink - so I don't have any idea which model it is, but if necessary I can supply some pictures.

I did a hard reset (calendar + itask + reset button for ten seconds as I read, since there is no switch on the bottom) and the initial Windows Mobile Setup came up. But after performing it, I still need to enter the password.

Is there any kind of default password? tried 0000 and 1234, but this didn't work.

Any help would be really great!
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no default password. The password screen does not appear after a hard reset, ever, on any model of Pocket PC. So what you did was not a hard reset, it seems. You might try other button combinations, such as pressing the power button while also pressing the soft reset button.
uchi_mata
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks a lot for your fast reply!

I think I really did a hard reset (only combination that does not start up the device immediately after holding the reset button), but I recognized that there is a BioSwipe solution from Cogent is installed - there seems also to be a fingerprint reader under the button in the middle.

So currently I'm search how to reset this protection.
Any ideas on that?

Thanks & regards
uchi_mata
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, got it Smile

A hard reset was only possible after inserting wrong passwords multiple times.

Thanks Smile
joester
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can hard reset any time.
press (all at the same time) POWER/Calendar/e-mail and poke the reset button.

Instant reset.
Joe
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Compaq iPAQ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: