Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gps navigation

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketLand.net Software Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamie
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: gps navigation Reply with quote

Currently there is a new gps software released for on ya mobile phones called nav4all. I heard some good things about it and i wonder if this software would be available for my pocket pc
artificial
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This software is not yet available for pda's. This is because the software is a java app. Currently there are two major suppliers of java systems which are microsoft and sun. Most of the mobile phones use Sun and pda's has got a mini-windows installed so they use the java system from microsoft. Because nav4all is now for mobile phones, they have been developed for the sun system and not for the microsoft system. So thats why it is not available yet for the pda's. But i am using it for my mobile phone and it works good. It is not as fancy as tomtom, but it does the same thing and it is free till august 15th. So you can test if it is something for ya. But first check if it is compatible with ya phone.Here is the link http://www.nav4all.com/site2/www.nav4all.com/eng/handsets.php and to download it http://www.nav4all.com/site2/www.nav4all.com/eng/download.php
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketLand.net Software Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: