Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Basic software E-125

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pitufolucas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Basic software E-125 Reply with quote

HI, I got a Cassiopeia E-125,and now i realize, like anyone who has one of these, it's not that easy to get software 'cause of the old WCE 2.11. Well, anyway, my problem is: the guy who passed me the pda made a full reset, so now it has only the basic stuff, but when he bought it, it came with more additional software, like Pocket Word, Pocket Excel, Internet Explorer etc, does anyone know how could get all that software ack again?
at least a good html viewer?
Thanks a lot and good luck for searching software all those E-125 users.
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a Casio E-125, Word, Excel, and IE (all 'Pocket' versions) are in ROM. They cannot be erased. The only way to remove them from the device would be to pull the ROM chip off the motherboard. So apparently you are having trouble finding them. Maybe he did not hard reset, and also deleted the shortcuts to these apps? But that sounds a bit unlikely.

Oh, and the E-125 runs on the WinCE 3.0 core, not CE 2.11. Casio's last 2.11 device was the E-105, made over 2 years before the E-125.

Try a Google search for other software, using MIPS, Casio, and other related terms. There is less available lately, but some new titles still have MIPS versions and a lot of older stuff is still around.
pitufolucas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! I thought it was an e-125 because it looks like but back in the pda it's written e-105i (I am a bit silly). Well anyway, I did a hard reset (i think i did it right cause some programs i already installed went away after doing the hard reset) but all those nice programs like Word, Excel, etc don't seem to be installed, is it possible or i didn't really do the hard reset? Perhaps all that software doesn't come with the pda?but he had them from the begining, so is there any way to have them back?
Thanks you sooo much for your help, you are amazing fast answering, thanx again!

P.S: please! could anyone tell me about a good HTML viewer for mips and WCE 2.11
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was never a Word or Excel, nor an IE version for the E-105. Microsoft didn't make them.

There is, I think, a CE2.11 version of ByDesign's SpreadCE for viewing/editing Excel spreadsheets, and it is much better than Pocket Excel on the newer PPCs anyway.

I don't know of a word processor for Palm-size PC, but there may be one.

For HTML, the best bet is probably Pocket Browser from Conduits. $20 though.

Then there is Foliage Software's iBrowser (free) and iBrowser + (shareware). I couldn't find the developer's pages for these, but they're both on this one:
http://www.totalshareware.com/asp/list_view.asp?catid=382
Unfortunately the redirect links offer only error messages.
The developer's site offers a Search tool, but the results are probably useless. Maybe some other site has a copy still.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: