Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW TO DOWNLOAD MP3 MUSIC TO E-100

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
new2pda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: HOW TO DOWNLOAD MP3 MUSIC TO E-100 Reply with quote

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DOWNLOAD MP3 MUSIC USING XAUDIO PLAYER FOR CASIO E-100 Smile
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS YOUR CAPSLOCK KEY STUCK? Shouting is not necessary, thanks.

I am not familiar with XAudio. Google returns results for an H/PC player, a PC program for developers, and other players. Which one? Have a link? I tried downloading the H/PC ARM version to test just now, but the link didn't work.

Generally, use of a card reader/adapter is the best and fastest means for dumping large files to a CF card. Your Casio has only 16MB of RAM, not enough for more than 3 or 4 MP3 songs.
new2pda

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: about mp3 downloads Reply with quote

Sorry about the caps lock, I used the link from cewindows.net casio software page. The download was successful (I think) , but do not know how to download music to my CF card (256mb). I have a mips processor also.
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not clear is what you mean by 'download music.' What are you trying to do? You can copy music to various locations, using various methods... What is not clear? If you explain exactly what you want and what you have tried, perhaps we may be of help.
new2pda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: How to download mp3 music Reply with quote

I want to listen to music on my E-100 using Xaudio mp3 player with downloaded music from my PC through Activesync 3.7. What is the process .I downloaded some music from a Mp3 file site to my computer and i don't know what to do next. I have tried to put the music file in my folder for my pda which is on my desktop, but i can't seem to do this.
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Casio connected to the PC under Activesync, click on the Explore button on the PC's Activesync window. This should display the My Documents folder on the Casio.

In that folder there should also be an icon called something like My Device. Double-click on that. If the CF card is in the Casio CF slot, it should be shown as Storage Card in the 'root folders' you will see in this next window. Double-click on that. Create a new folder there, on the card, called My Documents. Open this folder.

On the PC, select the MP3 files you wish copied over to the Casio. If these are not contiguous, then hold down the Ctrl key while you click on all the files you want. Then right-click on one of these highlighted MP3 files and select Copy from the menu. Go back to the \Storage Card\My Documents folder in Activesync Explorer, right-click in the field there, and select Paste. This should affect a transfer, which will likely take a while. Activesync isn't very fast. This is why I've suggested using a card reader for such transfers, avoiding the Activesync conduit.

I am not familiar with the XAudio player interface nor its requirements, so it could be that it needs a specially-named folder or music location. I am only explaining the most basic of Palm-sized PC/Pocket PC technique for this operation, for media players in general. I suggest that you contact the developer or look at their ReadMe information if there is any.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Casio Cassiopeia Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: