Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:07 am Post subject: Metal Deluxe Case for Palm Treo 600
I have been using the case for a few weeks now, and here are some thoughts.
1) Case is great at protecting PDA, droped pda from 3 feet multiple times onto concrete and phone was protected.
2) The design is pretty thoughtful, all the right cut outs in the right places, nice finish.
1) The knob on the back that is used to connect to the clip comes off WAY too easily. The PDA plain fell off my clip 3 times before I super glued it to the case. Once glued, hasn't fell of since.
2) The CLIP is pretty sturdy but plastic. I already broke the plastic where the small ping (hinge) goes through a small plastic loop. I think that this problem must be common on most clips, just gotta watch the phone doesn't get caught on something and break the clip.
1) I am right handed. The case has the cover on the right side. So I cannot use it one handed with my right hand. The door cover blocks access to the phone. Works fine in left hand. Big deal? no. But would be nice if they offered the hinge on left or right. If I am using my right hand, say having a drink, makes sense to make the phone useable in left hand.
1) Glue the knob in (if use clip)
2) place phone on belt so phone won't catch on something and break clip.
3) Don't care about one handed use.
I think this case is absulutely awesome. It has protected my phone from certain death. So happens the fall was CAUSED by the case too.