Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scratchy, pointy stylus tip replacement?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> StylusCentral.com Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemelvin
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2001 9:24 am    Post subject: Scratchy, pointy stylus tip replacement? Reply with quote

Just got a delivery of various styli from Stylus Central -- I'm pleased with the service and the products overall. But the Stylus Central Foursome Comfort Grip poses a problem. While it's a gorgeous, comfortable, full-featured multipen/stylus at a good price, it has a stylus tip that damaged my screen protector in a matter of hours using Transcriber. I did a "feel test" of the stylus, comparing it against the other styli I own by scraping the point against the back of my hand. While my other styli feel soft and smooth, the stylus included with the Foursome Comfort Grip actually scratched the surface of the skin. It might be fine on a "naked" handheld -- I doubt it will actually damage the screen itself -- but it's not a good choice if you use a screen protector like WriteRight.

Here's my question: I see various replacement stylus tips offered on the Stylus Central Web site. Are any of them smooth/rounded as opposed to scratchy/pointed? I'd rather give up a bit of the pinpoint accuracy that a sharp stylus offers for a smoother writing feel.

Incidentally, I had also ordered the 2 in 1 Comfort Grip Shorty. Now there's a nice, smooth stylus. I found it was swappable with the one in the Foursome. However, I don't see that stylus insert available for sale as a separate item.

Are any of the replacement stylus inserts offered on the site similar to the Shorty's tip?

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by hemelvin (edited March 28, 2001).]
Jim Styluscentral
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2001 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lamy & Rotring replacement Stylus tips would most likely give you the feel that you are looking for. These are available on the Refills page of Styluscentral.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> StylusCentral.com Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright 2001-2010, Chris De Herrera, All Rights Reserved